Benefits to YouLearning project management skills can help complete projects on time, within budget, and on target. You will understand what project management is and how project work differs from traditional functional work. You will achieve organisational goals in areas such as productivity, quality, and cost effectiveness.
You can also receive on-the-job coaching, on your work projects, to help you achieve better implementation of your projects.
This workshop will focus on the four main areas of Project Management:
1. Preparing for Project Management Success:
- Understanding Project Management
- Organising for Project Management Efficiency
- Defining the Roles of the Project Manager and Team
- Defining the Roles of Clients, Customers and Other Stakeholders
- Setting up a planning and control process
2. Planning the project:
- Defining the project
- Creating a WBS
- Estimating activities
- Sequencing activities
- Critical Path, Schedules, Resource plans, and Budget plans
- Obtaining approval and Project Charter
- Monitoring and control
3. Project implementation:
- Starting the Project
- Project control and reporting
- Managing changes in the Project
- Evaluating the Project
- Risk Management
- Project completion
4. Managing Project Teams:
- Developing project teams
- Conflict management
- Communicating effectively
- Holding effective meetings
- Decision making for teams
- Managing change
- Performance management
Learning MethodologyThe course will require the participants to undertake some preparation work before attending the program. This will include gathering information on ‘real work” projects that they are, or will be, working on. The program sessions will include the following learning methods: team work, group discussions, presentations, role plays, “real life” practical application of material, and lectures.
Who Should Attend?All staff who are involved, or will become involved, in projects either as a project manager or a project team member.
Duration2 - 3 days
The 3 day course includes training in the use of Microsoft Project Software.